Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataReport - Sections do not fit vertically on the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stnkyminky

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
US
I am attempting to print a label that is 4" x 1". I have set the properties for the printer and created a datareport with acceptable dimensions. I have adjusted the margins(left, right, top, bottom) to 0. When I try to print I get the error message, "Sections do not fit vertically on the page." Can anyone shed some light? thanks in advance.

Scott
Programmer Analyst

Could the 'setting the printer properties' be the problem?

Try resetting your printer properties to normal 8 1/2 x 11, then try running your report again.

Not sure, but it might be worth a shot.

Also... while I have your attention... do u know of anyway to print columns of information using the datareport in VB? I am trying to create mailing labels (3 columns down the length of the page).

Thanks and good luck

Conrad

I forget to set the paper orientation(programatically) to portrait.....

Are you using a data environment with the reports? Some projects I have created unbound datareports. By using this method I'm sure you could create any style report you want.
email me at srose@strongwell.com if you need more help. Scott
Programmer Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back