Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datareport Barcode Font installation problem. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPL062

Technical User
Oct 24, 2001
I have a small application that is using barcode font.

I have been using this code for 5 years with no problem.
a month back i purchased a laptop and i had some trouble to get the barcode to show in datareports.
but after a couple of tries at installing the font it worked.

a friend of mine just tried to install in 2 computers and he wasnt able to get the barcode to show in datareports.

it shows in excel, wod etc but not in datareport

any ideas why
by the way.....the actual barcode font file instal in the working directory and i use inno setup to install the font automaticaly

please help

I've created vb6 apps using Barcode fonts. The only issue with getting them recognized in vb6 that I can recall is that the workstation needs to be rebooted after installing the font before vb6 would see it.

Thats a good idea, but now that the application is installed can i still do something

like uninstall the application and the font, and than reinstall the application reboot and then open the application
?

The application being installed shouldn't matter. Microsoft products tend to be more ingrained with Microsoft operating systems than other applications. My guess is that the reboot is required in order for everything to sync up together.

I tried that procedure and did not work.

I uninstalled the application and the font and reinstall everything, making sure the machine was rebooted before the application started. Did not work.

I really need help on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back