Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataObject doesn't work SOMETIMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickieh

MIS
Jun 2, 2000
US
Visit site
My app allows the user to choose which report (datawindow) to view, which then uses &quot;DataObject = &quot; to tell the app which datawindow to use. Code looks like this:<br><br>w_work_order.dw_workorders.DataObject = gs_report_needed<br>w_work_order.dw_workorders.SetTransObject(sqlca)<br>if w_work_order.dw_workorders.retrieve() &lt; 0 then<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;messagebox(&quot;Retrieve Failed&quot;, &quot;Could not retrieve records from HELPDESK table. Contact MIS Dept.&quot;)<br>end if<br><br>This works fine when running the app from within PowerBuilder. But if I build an executable and run it from that, it doesn't work. All I get is a blank datawindow. No error, just blank!<br><br>I can not figure out why it works from within PB but not as an executable. Does anybody have any ideas???? Thanks!<br>

Make sure that gs_report_needed contains value and that value is a valid datawindow name, also make sure that that datawindow included in exe or pbd and that the library search path is valid.

Vickie

If you are using PB 5.0 or less then you need to include the datawindow in the PBR file and should use the PBR when creating the EXE. If the PB version is 6.5 or 7, then the datawindow names are not required in the PBR file.

Ganesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back