Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datamining the DataStore Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBucket

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2004
US
I have just recently started looking at the ima databases in our SQL Server. We have an IMA and an RMS database. Does anyone have some querries to share to extract useful information?

It states quite clearly on the tin.

Mess with me thou shalt not. I cannot think for the life of me what data that could be held in the database that would be of any benefit.

I played with it once on a test server and suddenly it became broken.

You have been warned.

Cheers
Scott

Select querries will not mess up anything.

OK point taken.

I would suspect that teaching grannies to suck eggs....

Take a restoreable backup before you start.

Cheers
Scott

I have been a SQL DBA for about 10 years so I'm ok with querrying the database. We have recently converted our Access IMA to SQL and now the databases sit on my server. Recently my boss asked me to see whether I can extract any usefull info out of there. The only thing I have been able to get is the list of the ACTIVE citrix servers in the farm but I thought that someone could share something other as well.

Here is the query for the list of active farm :

select hostname, status, login_time, last_batch from master.dbo.sysprocesses where program_name='Citrix IMA' order by hostname

I think you should be able to get some sort of info regarding disconnected sessions etc.

Maybe even idle time whilst connected. But you will probably know which fields to look at better than me. ~:)
I did not intend to insult so my appologies.

I am even a SQL beginner.

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back