Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Databidings - Recordset Test works - F12 doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesy

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
GB
I have a databinding set up to look at an Access database which is on a mapped drive to another machine on the network...
If I click 'Test' on the databinding dialog box then my records are returned fine and dandy.
However if I preview the screen with F12 I get an error message...
"[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path."

Anyone any ideas?

I am using IIS on Windows 2000 Server - could it be a permissions thing or a setting in IIS? Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

How are you connecting to the database? DSN DSNless? Sounds like you are using a dsn and this is not set up on the server?

Cheech The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

I'm connecting with DSN - It looks like it's all set up ok... It wouldn't come back in the test window if it wasn't set up right would it? Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

You have the dsn set up on your local iss but has it been set up on the remote server?

Cheech The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

I have dreamweaver installed on the server - the test I was doing was actually on the server. i.e. the host and server are the same machine. Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

is the remote server mapped to the IIS server? "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back