Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database wont open sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd06498

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
AU
Sometimes when I try to open the database I am working on, it starts to open by creating a (I think) temp file (the Access Icon with the lock on it) but that is as far as it goes. Once this happens I cannot get the database open without rebooting the computer and trying again. Then it loads.

It just seems to happen when the computer has been running for a while.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this. It only happens with the one database.

Pretty tough to help you with the information that you provided, but here is a thought.

When you create queries and recordsets in VBA code. you need to close them before the program exits. Usually you do this as the last lines of code in the same routine that you opened(created) them. If you do not, sometimes access will leave them in memory. In the worse case, access will not exit.

Next time you have this problem, check to see if Access is running in the background.

Also, what version of access and what operating system are you running?

Hap...

Access Developer [pc] Access based Add-on Solutions
Access Consultants forum

Hap

Running Office XP and Windows XP.

I might have fixed it accidentally. I had an exit button on my menu form that I got rid of and it seems okay now. Shall experiment some more.

Thanks for your help.

pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back