Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database window scroll bar freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

phbarbara

Technical User
May 16, 2002
US
This seems to only occur with a particular database. When I open the file to begin working the scroll bar works fine and I can move from form to form, table to table, etc. However, after doing some design work and closing files, the scroll bar freezes. The only way to get it working again is to resize the database window (it took a while to figure that one out). Any ideas what has happened?

Are you in Windows XP, and what version of Access? I get that same thing with Access 97 and Windows XP. Clearly a bug, but I don't know if they'll think it's worth fixing.
--Jim

Same thing happened to me in XP/Access 2000. Never fixed it. Have upgraded to 2003 now - will see if it rears its ugly head . . . .

----------------------------
SnaveBelac - Adventurer

I'm using Windows XP with Access 2000. It's curious to see that other users are having the same problem. It can get quite irritating! I was hoping for a fix but maybe there isn't one. Thanks very much for your input.

This "feature" still exists in 2003. Very annoying! Whenever I open - then close a table the database window scroll bar freezes until the window is moved. I can't find any reference to it in the MS Knowledgebase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back