Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database window opens outside of work space

Status
Not open for further replies.

murpl

Technical User
Mar 1, 2001
CA
This is likely a problem of my own making but how do I fix it? The problem is when I press <F11> to display the database window it opens but places itself just outside the Access window... all I can see is the bottom portion of the database window and I can't move it back to gain access to the features of the window.
Ideas???

Thanks, Mike

One fix.
Close Access and make your Computer desktop setting Resolution bigger. (just temporarily)

Sometimes you have to restart your computer.

Right click on your desktop and click Properties.
Click Setting and make the resolution higher one increment. Say you are running 800 x 600 make it 1024 x 768

Then open Access and see if you can get the bottom of that box
Move it where you want it then hit the save Floppy icon In access to save it there.
Then set your resolution back again.

DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Thanks, DougP. That'd probably work. What ended up working was to tile the open windows, resize and move, and save. I can't believe how I was held up by something so dumb that had such a simple fix. A real &quot;forehead slapper&quot;. <G>
Thanks for the response!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back