Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Utility confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaus

Technical User
Apr 18, 2007
CA
Apologies for being such a noob with this. I'll confess right away, my expertise is Macs (but I have used Arcserve for years). This forum has been great for doing research and finding advice.

We have been having database issues since upgrading to 11.5 (currently at r11.5 SP2 (Build 4232)) that I can't get resolved. My backups are failing with this message:
E3530 date/time *5 Failed to login to database.(EC=-2005)
Rebooting the server seemed to clear it up, for a day or two, then it came back. I'm pretty sure I have VLDB problems, so I've tried to run the command line utilities. After reading the FAQ's, and using the .bat scripts that someone had on the forum, I've completely failed.

I continually get an error with any of the utilities: Failed to log into server 'ART', username 'caroot': error -2005. How do I figure out the proper syntax for Server and User name? I've tried various combination of Arcserve's server/name/passwords, and Windows versions. In Arcsesrve, the Server Domain is ART, the Default Server is ART, and the username caroot with a blank password. I've attempted to run the utility after running castop.bat and without doing that.

If need be, I'm pretty sure I can swap in an empty database, but I'd still need to run the utilities for keeping the database in good shape.

Sorry for asking this basic question.

Just keep casdb;admin;secret, this is internal velocis server name, you don't have to change this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back