Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database startup in Access2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

tviman

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
US
I'm using Access 2007 and am having trouble figuring out how to open a database to a switchboard form from a desktop icon. It's not the same as earlier versions and I have yet to find a method.

Please - suggestions and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks....

I'm confused. You mean displaying a particular form on startup? If so Tools/Startup/Display Form

The startup option mentioned by Scorpio above is probably your best bet, but another way would be to create a macro called "Autoexec". In the "Action" column, select "OpenForm". For it's properties select your form's name next to "Form Name". This macro will execute each time you open the database.

I stumbled across what I think will give me a start: click the Microsoft icon (upper left corner), then Access options (bottom-right of window), then current database, then Display Form.

For those who aren't using it yet, Office 2007 (including Access) is a whole new ball of wax and bears little resemblance to earlier versions. It's a lot tougher to work with initially because things aren't in the same places and the old File, Edit, View,... menu bar is gone (replaced with the "Ribbon", which is not customizable without purchasing a 3rd party program!)

I think the worst thing is the Help system - it's extremely difficult to find anything but the most basic topics. As usual, MS drops the ball on a new product.

,... menu bar is gone (replaced with the "Ribbon", which is not customizable without purchasing a 3rd party program!)
Actually you can customise the ribbon for your application, I am still trying to learn the intracacies of this, but it doesnt appear to be that hard.
Start with creating a table that must be called 'USysRibbons' and go from there. There are some instructions on the Microsoft website or just a search on either USysRibbons, Office Ribbon or Office Fluent should come up with the details you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back