Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database size limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpluskota

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
GB
I know this is probably a stupid question but here goes, Im currently running Exchange 2000 standard for 250 mailboxes, the edb is at 13GB of a maximum 16GB, Is it true that I can't upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise anymore? I can't have the money to upgrade to Exchange 2003 Enterprise because of the cost of CAL's.
At the moment I have been using the Public store but its a constant battle.
Any ideas on how I can increase the size of the store without incuring huge CALS costs.

Many Thanks

Hi,

Why not take this as a chance to upgrade to Exchange 2003, the limit has been increased to 75Gb on the standard edition.

Its about the time for M$ to EOL Exchange 2000 anyway!

Paul

If aint broken, dont try n fix it!!!!!

I can't have the money to do the upgrade as the CALS cost too much, I would love to upgrade but its not my call

how many users?

Hit them with the cost of going to Enterprise 2000 (it is the same price as Enterprise 2003) for reference. Then look at SBS if you have under 75 users. The cost of SBS 2003 and the CALs may well be cheaper than that...it also gives you SQL Server.

75Gb limit in Exchange 2003 standard will not be available until SP2 is released, currently the limit is still 16Gb.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back