Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database setup has not been completed error on new company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I logged into utilities on server and created a new company. I then launched utilities and tried to log into the new company and received error "database setup has not been completed for Dynamics. I launched utilities again, new company is listed with a green checkmark, click launch dynamics in the additional tasks, then get the error again.

Dynamics 9.0

Check your dynutils.set file and see if you can remove any unused modules, then launch Utilities again. It's possible that a 3rd party product is in the set file that is not being used and didn't get updated correctly.

Try logging in as sa - some third party apps require you to login as sa, the first time you go into a new company.

Also make sure that the dbo for DYNAMICS is DYNSA.

Using SQL Server Management Studio (SQL Server 2005) or SQL Enterprise Manager (SQL Server 2000), run the following script against the DYNAMICS database and all company databases created by Microsoft Dynamics GP.

sp_helpdb

This will list a column with the heading "owner" to show the current database owner (dbo).

If DYNSA is not the owner for either the DYNAMICS database or one of the company databases, run the following script against that database whose owner is not DYNSA:

sp_changedbowner 'DYNSA'

DYNSA should be the database owner for the DYNAMICS database and all Company databases.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

I have logged into utilities on the server without any errors as sa and can get to the additional tasks so if there isn't something upgraded it's not something in either ser file. All the companies have green checkmarks. All the companies are owned by DYNSA and this is not a new installation.

wow - I have done this before, but can not find the doc (so I am working from memory - sorry)

I THINK we had to backup the company DB in SQL -
delete the company in GP
re-add the company in GP (so now it is blank)
restore the DB in SQL
THEN go back into GP utilities and it knew to convert it...

I thought there was a table (DU000020) that I changed to make Dynamics think that the specific company was not converted (ex instead of it saying 9 - I changed it to 8) - but I can not find the doc and I can not find the table for sure (sry) - I just remember that you had to find the right records and change it to make it work --- ymmv but maybe this will point a sql person in the right direction.

I will look more tonite or tomorrow as time permits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back