Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database security

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdwm2310

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a form which will be used by several users. I don't want them to have form design view, or view anything but the forms. I can I go about doing this?
Thanks

You can compile your project so that your users cannot change the structure of your forms... in design view.

do this by creating an MDE file.

The best way is probably to simply rename your database, because you can't design view a renamed database. I think.

If that doesn't work, I'd go MDE.

digginanyway,

if i save my database as a mde file can i still go into the database for editing by pressing the shift button?

if i save my database as a mde file can i still go into the database for editing by pressing the shift button?

I tried to save the database as a mde file but I was unable to doing it. I receive a message stating that Microsoft Access was unable to create file an mde database..Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back