Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Restore failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertrandkis

Programmer
Jul 26, 2002
ZA
Hi all, I am restoring a database from a backup file and everything goes well right until the end but instead of getting the confirmation message,I get this Error Message:
COULD NOT FIND ROW IN SYSINDEXES FOR DATABASE ID 8,OBJECT ID 1,INDEX ID 1.RUN DBCC CHECKTABLE ON SYSINDEXES
When I click OK, the restore database dialog box does not go away and give the OK and Cancel option.If I click OK, the restore process restarts, if I click cancel, the database is left in Loading State and no database object is restored. Is there a way to tell SQL server to ignore the message and complete the restore, so that I can fix the Index problem?

You can "change" the state of the Database by modifying the "State" column in master.dbo.sysdatabase.

What version of SQL server are you using?
Have you added new files to the database since the last backup? If so you might need the "force" option (or something like that) to rebuild filestructures..

HTH

Rob

PS SQL 7 was a real pain like that, 2000 got much better (it would let you continue).

Thanks for your reply. I found out that the file was corrupt.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back