Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database response is too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony76

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
US
We are running NT4 with the latest service pack(6a). The foxpro driver was replaced with a visual foxpro driver.  We installed the foxpro 2.6 driver again.  When our Active Server Pages access a foxpro table the loadtime is much longer than before the service pack installation.

Do you want to access a FoxPro 2.X table or a VFP table?&nbsp;&nbsp;How are you accessing FoxPro?&nbsp;&nbsp;Thru ODBC?&nbsp;&nbsp;Or did you build a VFP COM server?&nbsp;&nbsp;Guess not if you're running FoxPro and not VFP.&nbsp;&nbsp;If 6a installed a VFP driver (ODBC?) it should have added it and not overwritten the 2.X one. <p>John Durbin<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

I want to access FoxPro 2.X tables through ODBC.&nbsp;&nbsp;I think any installation that has VFP ODBC drivers will replace my old driver.&nbsp;&nbsp;I could use the VFP driver with FoxPro but all of my SQL would have to change.<br><br><br>

I show as I thought in ODBC, a separate foxpro and visual foxpro driver.&nbsp;&nbsp;Perhaps you are right that soemething replace your foxpro driver with a newer one and is slower but the vfp driver is different <p>John Durbin<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

Where can I download Foxpro software any windows version. Can someone show me a link where foxpro software is downloadable.

Thanking you in advance

Bhavul Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Unless I am confusing you for some other poster, you have posted this request many times. ONCE and FOR ALL there is NO VERSION of FOXPRO that is legally available for download without paying for it. Go buy a copy.

If you really support Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine, I suspect you can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back