Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Replication Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHolden

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
I have a remote user that when she replicates a couple of our databases it takes for ever. She seems to be getting the whole database not just changes that have been made. I have 30 some other locations that replicate the same databases and have no problems. We are on R5 and I replicated her new copies but we are still having the prblem. Help!

Check the replica's date settings. I think that it might be set to replicate the whole db and not the changes. Sorry, my memory is fuzzy, I haven't done Lotus Notes for 7 months.

That seems fine. When I had her kick off the replication this morning the two databases went through the "One Time Replication" set up first and then the whole database replicated. ????

OK, now set a date in the field to today's date, so that everything from today's date on will only replicate.

I figured out the problem, kind of. The user had just gotten a new computer. (It was happening on both computers) I got to thinking what was moved over from the old computer besides the database file. Names.nsf was with the location documents. I deleted the old location documents and created new ones and the database replicats only changes now. I don't know why this was the case but it works now.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back