Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Replication, does it update as the DB grows ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skewiff

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
GB
I had set up replication between my servers just after they were set up and the software loaded ..

Im just in the process of deleting and recreating the replication and have found something I wanted to run past you all.

The previous snapshot listed 137 articles, the current new one - 680. I know that the DB (sun) does create new tables as new companies come on line etc.

Does this mean that although my intention is to transfer sundb in its entirety, I am actually only transferring the specific articles listed at the time of replication setup ?

If so, I need to start considering how Im going to manage the process

You are right, you are only replicating the articles listed when you created the replication definition unless you chage the published database schema through replication properties (or replication stores procedures)

Hava a look to "Schema changes on publication databases" on BOL.

excuse me , BOL ? Im a touch new at this and dont recognise the TLA ;-)

Book OnLine, the SQL Server manuals; you can install them with SQL Server, or find them in Microsotf web pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back