Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taktar

Programmer
Jul 6, 2003
US
Hey i'm having trouble with a database i'm trying to use with my program the current version of Visual Basic i have (The Model Edition) does not have the database wizard is there any way to make the database manually?

Hi,

What you mean by database wizard ?
However, if you need to connect to a database, for a start i would recommend the easier way that is to use ADO.

Hope this helps :-D

lone84
Database wizard is a tool in (I believe) all versions of VB except the learning edition, so if you're selling or distributing your programs, it will be on your machine somewhere!

Taktar
Make sure that you have VBHelp installed - then do a search in VBHelp for :
ADO Code Examples in Microsoft Visual Basic

It's also available at:

You're obviously both aware that you're not allowed to use Learning edition for anything except learning!

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Make sure you update to VB6 SP5 (get SP5 from the MS Site under Downloads)
Then you should have the Wizards available if you are running the Standard version or higher.

Hi,

Woo i don't think i use before or maybe i use without knowing that it is a database wizard. Can anyone tell me how to start this wizard ?

Thank you :-D

Project|Add Form |VB DataForm Wizard

isn't it better to connect to the database manually using adodb?

Depending on circumstances, probably yes. But the question was about the DataForm wizard

It's usually only politicians who answer the question they want to answer, rather than the question that was asked
[lol]

>isn't it better to connect to the database manually using adodb?
Well, yes, and this is what you can have done through the DataForm wizard, using ADO code.

But maybe in the question was meant the Data Environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back