Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database or object is read only 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertNo1

Technical User
Sep 30, 2007
Ok, I give up!!!

I have read several postings and only found one that kinda helps. I tried exporting the table as TransferSpreadsheet and it worked. But I did that just to rule out that the database was read-only.

I am getting the msg:
"Cannot Update. Database or object is read only"

Here are the open and export statements.

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "Export_Pending_spec", "Delete_Records", "C:\WF_Delete_GT60_Days_Pending_" & hDate

Also: I reduced the filename and path and that didn't help. The suffix 'hdate' is fine, I even removed it to rule it out.

Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Or is there something else I should try?

Thanx

You must use an appropriate extension, unless you wish to tamper with the registry.

[tt]DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "Export_Pending_spec", "Delete_Records", "C:\WF_Delete_GT60_Days_Pending_" & hDate & ".txt"[/tt]

DUH and double DUH!!!

That's why a fresh pair of eyes is always good. If the error had been a snake it would have bitten me.

Thanx so much Remou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back