Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza11

Technical User
Jan 12, 2003
AU
What am I doing wrong?

I used CR 8.5 to create a report. I used the data explorer to connect to an Access database (.mdb) via the Database Files option in Data Explorer. Within CR the report works fine. I then saved it as medical.rpt

In VB 6, I used the following code if the frmReports form

Public GenReport as CRAXDRT.report

Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()

Dim GenReportApp as new CRAXDRT.Application
Dim crxDataBaseTable as CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable

Set GenReport = GenReportApp.Openreport (App.path & "\medical.rpt")
GenReport.DiscardSavedData

'Latest addition
For Each crxDataBaseTable in GenReport.DataBase.Tables
crxDatabaseTable.Location = App.path & "\employees.mdb"
Next crxDatabaseTable

set frmMainReports.JRReport= GenReport (in frmMainReports which contains viewer I have Public JRREport As Report)

This all works fine in VB- ie before I compile it and install on another workstation, and it worked before I added the code commented as 'Latest addition'.
For some reason when I compile it and install on another workstation - the complete VB program works perfectly except when I try to Print this report I get a

"Physical database not found" error.

Can someone please help me sort this out.

HELLO ALL
I am using (insert into) SQL statement to copy one table from database to another on floppy disk ,I don't have any problem with this
my Q is how can I add progress bar to my form to show the progress for this operation (I have 1000 records in this table ) so it takes sometime to finish

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back