Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database name change for BO server

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanneZ

Programmer
May 1, 2003
US
Hi, BO experts,

I have a question to consult you. We will change our oracle database server and database name. We use Business Objects version 6.1 (very old). And we have free hand SQL reports and Universes reports on BO web server. My question is how can I change database name for BO reports and universes? What should I do on BO server? And how about BO users for desktop report designer?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Jeanne

You do this by editing the connections in the repository for universes. Then you don't have to do anything.

For free-hand SQL, you have to modify the connections that you have built on the server that are not stored in the repository.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Intuit,

Thanks a lot for your help. One more question, if I use same db name for new database, and modify tnsname on BO server machine, do I need to modify repository on BO server?

Thanks.

Jeanne

Nope. If you update the TNSNames file. BO will simply be using the new database.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back