Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database linking, but data not displaying in combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethabernathy

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
MX
Hi - I have a database linked to a form. I have added a combo box to the form. Only the first name appears in the combo box, and when I pull down the button on the side of the box, nothing appears. I can get all the data to display only by using the buttons on data control. So the data is there, but the combo box isn't functioning. Could this be a bug? Are their some secret properties on the combo box that need to be set?

Thanks, Beth beth@integratedresourcemgmt.com

I don't know how you're working with this but I'll assume you used the VB Data Form Wizard. If this is the case then you are only going to see the current record for any of the controls on the form.
The simplest way to populate your combobozx would be to add an ADO data control to the form with a query for all the records you wish to access via te combobox. Then you set the combobox's data source to the ADO data control.
The alternative would be to make a function to loop through the rescordset that your form uses and populate the combobx manually then return to the current recordset absoluteposition (you can use a bookmark for this).

Hi There: I created the form using VB Standard Exe. Then added an ADO data control to the form named "Adodc1". I added a datacombo box to the form and set the datasource to "Adodc1." Again, when I run the form the first name appears in the combo box but that is it. The recordsource in "Adoc1" is: Select ([Wedding.LastName]) as Name from Wedding

I tested the connection string and it is working. I am wondering, there must be some setting I am missing here??

Thanks, Beth beth@integratedresourcemgmt.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back