Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Launch Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

muralibmk

Programmer
Mar 28, 2001
US
I have a db with launch option as a Designated Navigator. I want to
launch "About Database Document" and after push the 'esc' tab it
suppose to open a Navigator. Any solution? Thanks for help...

muralibmk,

Notes has two default options available for presenting the "About Database" document when a database is launched. Unfortunately, these two options will only display the About document under one or two specific conditions.

<b>1. Show &quot;about database&quot; document if modified </b>
<b>2. Show &quot;About database&quot; document when database is opened for the first time</b>

These options should be visible from the Database Properties &quot;Launch&quot; tab.

Convention says to leave the first box unchecked and the second box checked. However, if you want the about document to display each time a user accesses this database, whether the user is new to the application or not, you can run a routine in the database which modifies the About Document on a periodic basis. I would recommend setting a scheduled agent to update the about document once every 24 hours. This would ensure that any given user would be presented with the About document the first time s/he logs in each day, and not again until the following day.

I hope this helps. If this wasn't the answer you were looking for, let me know, and I'll give it another shot.

Cheers,
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back