Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataBase Integration with biztalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sector65

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2003
IL
hello all,
i am a bit new in biztalk, and i have a simple question.
what is the most simple way to access SQL DB from biztalk ?
i would like to select values from a specific table and integrate the with the message being handled in Biztalk.

thanks,

Why do you want BizTalk to do this? Do you know when to use BizTalk? You can use any app to extract the records you want, and then send it (through HTTP, SMTP, FTP of any other protocol) to BizTalk. What exactly do you want?

<webguru>iqof188</webguru>

>> You can use any app to extract the records you want

You sure could, but why code another app. when Biztalk can do the job for you with no coding at all ?
I am in no way a fan of Biztalk, but I think it is excellent for this.

/JOlesen

I have found the SQL Server Adapter convenient. It’s free; however it can only be used with MS SQL Server.

There also are database functoids that can be used to pull data, but I would not recommend this practice. It is not very efficient.

I find it easier to create an xml file using an ado.net dataset and send it to Biztalk. Doing this will also separate your business logic from the Biztalk mapping process.

Best of Luck!

JOLESEN: BTS has no built-in functionality to extract data from SQL Server, so please explain to me how to do this with no coding at all...
Like ryebread says, get the SQL Server Adapter, or use a preprocessor or a custom functoid in the BTS mapper. Good luck!

<webguru>iqof188</webguru>

Well,

ryebread told you in his post :

>>here also are database functoids that can be used to pull data, but ....

Drag a few database functoids to the canvas, and supply a few parameters ... and you are in business. It *is* very simple.

/JOlesen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back