Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database information

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajr1705

Programmer
Apr 12, 2006
GB
I need analyse database information i.e. table name, filed name, properties etc. Is there an easy to export this information using and specific tool? I know we can use the documenter within access but I have many tables and when I export the info to excel it does not export the table name.

Access V 2002

Thanks

Thanks Remou, what i need is to export the data into excel to analyse it what be possible

I'm fascinated by the concept of exporting a database's objects and properties into Excel to analyse! Exactly what kind of analysing can you do in Excel with this data?

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

we currently analysing multiple systems ie. SQL, Oracle databases and also ACCESS. We are mapping the tables and fields to ligicaldata model ( Entities/Attributes) to finally come a with Physical Data Model. Thus i need to get this data so thati map this information inline with the data i have form SQL/Oracle.

Thanks

The output from jbarnett's documenter is HTML, which works quite well with Excel, in addition, jbarnett kindly includes the code, so you can adapt it. What is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back