Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DATABASE HAS REACHED MAXIMUM SIZE

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapupp

Technical User
Aug 30, 2001
US
Is there a command in the Regedit that I can change to prevent this from happening. I get the same problem even after I have repaired and compacted the database.

Thank you

Mike

No Registry settings available. The maximum size is fixed. Which version of Access are you running? What kind of data is stored in the database? Can you split the data into two or more databases? By this I mean, can you export one or more tables to another MDB and then link them back to the original MDB. Doing so may allow you to handle twice as much data. Terry L. Broadbent
FAQ183-874 contains tips for posting questions in these forums.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is not directed at any individual.

Yes, it's the amount of data Access has to keep track of, not the size (In Kb) of your database. You might want to look and see if your database is designed correctly also.

I'm imagining a scenario where you have everything in one big table, instead of several small tables.

I have found that splitting the database into more than one database improves performance as well. LOL

Q1: what is the reported database size?
Q2: what version are you running?
Q3: are you running multiple tables or just one?
Q4: did you recently update your database revision?

Inquiring minds (who want to help) want to know...

I would be interested to know how many record it is holding. May give everyone an idea to Accesses restrictions and capacity.

I have used a setting in the registry before which allowed me to increase the database size. It was given to me by microsoft. I am sure there is one available

That's news to me. I've never seen anything about that setting in any forum, article or book. Perhaps someone else has. You may have to call Microsoft to obtain the secret info again. Terry L. Broadbent
FAQ183-874 contains tips for posting questions in these forums.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is not directed at any individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back