Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisw669

Technical User
Feb 19, 2002
US
I'm currently working on using after imaging to replicate to a remote server for disaster recovery. I'm trying to decide how small i can make the ai files so the are easy to pass over a 128k connection every 10 minutes. How can i see growth of the database (in my fixed extents) over 10 minutes. I've looked in promon (and R&D) to see if there's anything to show this but i'm overlooking it (i hope).

Any ideas?

the command:
rfutil dbname -C aimage extent list
will display the status of all AI extents. It will show you the:
Extent (number)
Status (Full, Busy, Empty)
Type (fixed or variable)
Path
Size (size in AI Blocksize units)
Used (how full the extent is)
Start (date/time that the exten was first used)
Seqno (this value reflects the nth extent number since Ai was origially enabled)

There are may aimage parameters you can use.

Hope this help :}

my problem is i haven't turned on ai yet and don't want to until i get a good idea of how much the ai file is going to be after 10 minutes. i don't want to create lets say a 10 mg ai file if i only need a 2mg. hope that explains better.

Chris, turn it on to experiment but just ensure you have enough disk space. just becuase you turn it on for one day, doesn't mean you have to use it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back