Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database error

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo40

MIS
Jul 19, 2002
EU
Hello,

Recently we got a new version of our Finance application ( Navision Software ). Consequence is that many of my Crystal Reports made with the former version, are worthless.

Problems are:

(1) When I try to refresh the reports I got the following statement:

ODBC error: "[Navision Software a/s][Navision Attain ODBC Driver]Invalid operand operator:>="

following by the statement:

"Error detected by database DLL".

I think the problem is caused by the "Date". Because when I remove the "Date" out of the "Select Expert" the report do run. But then I got all data and that's not the meaning of the "Select Expert". If there is no "date"-field in my report I've got no problems at all.

(2) Also when there is NO date mentioned in our Navision-database for a specific field, you also expect an empty field in Crystal Report. However I got 01-01-1753 in Crystal reports.

Is there someone who can help me ? Or maby there's someone who has the same troubles ?

Sleepless.

It seems to me that you should talk to the folks at Navision. I think the Navision ODBC driver does not support some of the Crystal Syntax.

If you create a new report using this new version of Navision does it work correctly? If so, you may have to re-create all your reports.

Howard Hammerman,
Editor and Publisher of Database Reporting Made Easy newsletter
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

When I want to create a new report, the problems are the same. So indeed I'll have a few words with folks of Navision. Thanks anyway.

Here are the folks of Navision ;)

Be sure to install the right ODBC version. User the version from the prodcunt cd. Other version will NOT work.

Be sure your server software is the same as you client software.

Be sure that you have not installed a higher version of ODBC then your client or server software. If so, contact your local NRC. ODBC files have to be deleted manualy.

Good luck!

Sacra Blu! Howard Hammerman,
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site and public classes
Low-cost telephone/email support
FREE independent Crystal newsletter
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor