Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
everytime i backup, arcserve cant login to the database with error ec=-2005.
when i try to restore by session only whole disks can be restored,not files separately.
The rights on the database are good i think.
The arcserve system account got rights everywhere.
What can i do to make the database work properly again.
Please help

Hey Check these URL's out...should solve your problem...

check the rights of ARcserve system account with -
winnt - win2000 -
and for -2005
Form URL

Q: I am getting E4101 unable to login to db engine ec=-2005. How can I resolve this error? 4101 e4101 2005 -2005
A: In Windows 2000 Right Click on the My Computer Icon and choose Properties. Then go to the Advanced Tab --> Environment Variables. Look for the RNNAME variable and make sure that it is the proper name of the server.

In Windows NT Right Click on the My Computer Icon and check the RNNAME variable in the Environment Variables. Make sure that the RNNAME variable reflects the proper name of the server.

If the RNNAME variable is wrong, then simply deleting the variable and rebooting the server will recreate the RNNAME with the proper name of the server.

Storage Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back