Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Error! The Form Name is mispelled...Error message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes1961

Technical User
Aug 21, 2001
US
I’m using Access 2002.

I have a form / subform combination. Everytime that I try to open the main form I get the error message:

Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The database thens shuts down. I have opened Access then tried to compact and repair by pointing to the database. This had no effect on the error.

I then opened the main form in design mode and deleted the subform and now I get the following message:

The form name ~TMPCLP531391 is mispelled or refers to a form that doesn’t exist.

I have had this happen once before and ended up rebuilding both forms. However, these forms contain a lot of information and would take some time to rebuild.

Can someone help me?

This sounds like corruption.

This faq Corrupt Microsoft Access MDBs FAQ has a lot of info concerning corruption, symptoms and how to deal with it. MakeItSo's FAQ705-4683 also has some recommandations.

During the last years, I've resolved all my code corruption issues using the /decompile option, in stead of importing objects. It's described here Decompile or how to reduce Microsoft Access MDB/MDE size and decrease start-up times

Here's also an option that might provide some results on exporting/importing database objects Thread705-834817.

Roy-Vidar

Just some suggestions off the cuff:
- try to compact/repair the database.
- try to delete the subform and re-add.
- try to review the subform seprately. Will it open.
- Create a new form and subform from scratch. Mimic the fields/code that are used.
htwh,

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Roy,

Been really busy and just now getting back to this issue. Your suggestion about decompiling helped me discover some variable errors that were probably causing my problems.

Here's a star for you.

Thanks Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back