Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Error on 3300 v5.0.5.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT1234

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2005
US
We have a 3300 ICP running software version 5.0.5.11.

I'm getting the following alarm:

Severity: Warning
Source: Call Control - Maintenance
Description: DMBS info: DBMS CHECK completed. 01 database error(s) detected. 00 form(s) could not be accessed.

Although it says warning and not error, it shows up as a "Major" alarm.

I'm also noticing that a block of records is missing from the "Call Rerouting Assignment" form.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this DB error or who I could contact for help? Our vendor is no longer available. I would appreciate it if someone can point me to another that can help us out either remotely or onsite here in Northern California.

Thanks

well first things first I would seriusly upgrade your system and restore an upto date database.

If you cannot get access to new software try backing up your database, delete your current database and restore this sometimes works

1) Backup
2) Restore (from the backup you just created)
3) Reboot

in that order.
Be sure to read the restore logs, as you may need to recreate or edit some records afterwards, but steps 1-2-3 should take care of the alarm.

Plan this for an after-hours job as soon as you can possibly get it scheduled.
This is important - If it were mine I'd do it tonight.

Yes, I agree with ianuk1974 that you are also seriously in need of performing a long overdue software upgrade.
Software upgrades are free except for the labor time to pay someone to do them.

Mitel generally releases new software upgrades on average 3 to 4 times a year.
While I certainly do not advocate chasing the razor's edge, new software is released for two main pueposes;
1) to provide bug fixes
2) to introduce new features

You can load new software without having to purchase the newly introduced features.
Features are controlled through software licenses; purchase only what you need, but you would be well-advised to keep your system software current within 1 or 2 releases at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back