Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Directory filling up HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2k1981

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
IE
I don't know much about ArcServe but the directoy database (program files\computerassociates\arcserve\database) is filling up the hard drive. It's over 1.5GB at the moment, and i've compared it to another server where it's using 900MB. There's a file Astpsdat.000 which is 63MB alone. and there are 2 other big files also. The biggest file on the other server is app. half this size. Is there something that isn't getting pruned? There is a prune database job running nightly which prunes logs over 30 days, but is there something else that needs to be pruned manually perhaps?

You can cut your pruning in half or better if that is an option. Instead of pruning jobs that are 30 days or older make it 15. You can also delete the *.chg files from the database directory. You can delete all of them except for the ones that are dated for the current job date. That will be a space saver for you as well. There are also database initialization tools to reset the database as well. I hope this helps.

As mentioned above reduce time to the prune job, or configure jobs to save summary info only to the database, or reinstall to a different volume.

To reclaim the space after reducing the retention time for the prune job you have to either run dbdfrag and then delete the output files (don't remember their names so you will have to make note of them) or run keybuild. Either will free up the disk space but keybuild does not create output files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back