Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database connection to apache question

Status
Not open for further replies.

garethashton

Programmer
May 13, 2001
US
I am have a virtual server running on Solaris 2.6 UNIX O/S and Apache 1.3 webserver. I can upload and download via FTP and also configure my domains via a telnet program.
Now that I have detailed my server, maybe someone could help me out.
I am trying to connect my Flash web page to an access database located in the same folder. I have read tutorials and books about connecting Flash sites to a database, but they all explain in for Windows NT with the ISS webserver, so it won't work for me.
I know this is a big subject, so could anyone point me in the right direction to figure out how to do this.
Thanks, I will appreciate this. -Gareth

What or where are you at with this?
what type database? mysql type server?
Just a database file for the flash itself?

maxit

Thanks for responding.
It is an Access 2000 database and so far I have been able to create a data access page with the program and it works on the server.
I am going to look a little more at ASP and see if I can figure it out. If anyone knows if it is possible to connect to an Access database from Flash on this server then let me know so I know I'm not wasting my time. I've heard alot about this MySql, Is it better to use? The database will only be accessed by my Flash page and it is not going to be big.
Anyway, maybe someone has done this before me and know the steps.
I appreiciate any help.
-Gareth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back