Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Action with Server Edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

superikey

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
Have a client upgrading from IP500V2 Preferred edition to Server Edition with multiple SE's in different locations.
I now find out that VM Pro on the SE doesn't carry over the Database Actions and integration we have on the Preferred edition. What to do? this is a big feature this client who is a call center relies heavily on to route calls to the right department.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Worked with Avaya support on this.
They issued me a Patch to the VM Pro Service executable to run on Windows and said I can run VM pro for Windows with SE
I did not do this yet, and I questioned the fact that I cant edit the VM IP on the Secondary SE, and the Tech told me it should not matter as the Line for VM when set to Central points to the Primary SE IP for Central VM Pro regardless and that will send the calls to its VM Pro Server.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Have they changed their mind on that one since earlier they said you had to run it on SE?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hey Guys,

I am currently experiencing this very same issue. Upgraded a site to an IPOSE and even though in multiple Avaya documents it mentions things like;

"· The voicemail database access and VBScript features are now enabled by the IP Office Preferred Edition license."
"· For IP Office Release 9.1, use of database actions no longer requires the IP Office system to have an Advanced Edition license."

It is not the case. Using a windows box and still cant do database VM actions. Superikey, the patch they issued you, does it allow you to do database actions on a IPOSE?

It's just a matter of time when IPO SE recognizes that you have windows VMPro and doesn't connect anymore. Or the VM and backup VM fields will be grayed out and auto populated.

Yes, but it sounds like Avaya Support issues Superikey with a custom patch to fix the greyed out issue. Would be keen on his reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back