Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Action with Server Edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

superikey

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
Have a client upgrading from IP500V2 Preferred edition to Server Edition with multiple SE's in different locations.
I now find out that VM Pro on the SE doesn't carry over the Database Actions and integration we have on the Preferred edition. What to do? this is a big feature this client who is a call center relies heavily on to route calls to the right department.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Bravo to the salesmen/engineer who agreed the deal, very knowledgable clearly :)

Roll back to previous or install ACCS. Either way you've got one unhappy customer.

ACSS (SME)

Thought is to put voicemail pro on windows server. Is this supporter with server edition. And if this is done can I still setup voicemail to replicate and fail over to second location in another windows server.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Also if doing it this way do I create any port limitations?
Note that it would be a virtual vmware server on the same host running server edition which is the ova vmware version

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

I have an IPO SE on R91. You can NOT use VM Pro on windows. You cannot change any entries in System - Voicemail tab. All options are greyed out. If you have a secondary server you can set the IP Address for the backup VM Pro, that’s the only valid option.
Take a look at the Dev Connect partners.
I'm sure one of them has a solution that will work. We use Xima for a small call center on our SE.

I do not understand why this is not possible.
In fact I turned up a Windows 2008, deployed VM pro on it, changed the IP on the Primary SE Server to it and the accounts all populated and all seems to work. the issue we have is on the secondary SE and IP500V2 Gateway SE, the IP for Voicemail is fixed to to the main IP of the SE and can not be changed. If only it could be changed I see no reason why this should not work.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

Any way to sneak in through a back end and change that in the configure?

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

You can use Perl scripts with SE so depends on exactly what you wanna do.
A Linux tech could probably solve it for you.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Janni78, or anyone out there who has any ideas.

Here is the specific application. Tell me what you think we can do to make this work. My client is an inbound call center. Their customers call in and are prompted for an existing claim number of which when entered dips into their Sql database for the extension of the customer service group that is working with them. Group extension is stored as a variable and then assisted transfer is used to transfer caller to that stored variable.

Let me know what you think.

Also I am told with a single iPocc license (does anyone know the specific one or part #?) I can also have IVR modules and do the integration there. Not sure if I want to go this route and how such a single license deals with port counts and High volume of inbound calls either so if anyone has any answers to this let me know.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

Unless they gonna use IPOCC it's seem pointless to buy it for the IVR part even though you get 90 IVR channels that way.

Think it should be doable with a Perl script.
Actually gonna try this one out, just need to reinstall my VM client since it seems that Perl script is only available on the client that comes with SE.

I would make a php script that you can call from a webserver that makes the lookup in the database and shows the result (where to transfer) and then call it from Perl.

The code below would print the result of the php script.

#!/usr/bin/perl
my $contents = `curl -s "print $contents;

Janni78
How can we get in touch? I would like to know more about what you are suggesting here?
Can what you are saying be done from VM Pro on SE without the DB Actions?
Can we possibly talk further about this?

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

Seems like this might not work, maybe that's why I can't find any documentation on Perl Scripts.
And maybe why you have to go through the Actions menu to find it.

07/05 12:27:13.105 vmpro (02,9) 8e88,05ac4b70,24825: Session: 00000073 - Action = SCRIPT=<*my $myvar = $voice::SavedResult;
07/05 12:27:13.105 vmpro (09,3) 8e88,05ac4b70,24825: Session: 00000073 - VB Scripting support has not been licenced

Or they haven't removed the need for Advanced Edition on SE.

Think I'll see if I can get an answer from Avaya if this is even supposed to work.

Yeah, but wouldn't stop them from checking for it =)
Also funny it says VB scripting since I use the Perl Script action.

Suspect this might be something they threw in there but never finished.

Hi
VB Scripting in the Voicemail Pro Client for SE is greyed out. Are you saying in your case its not?

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

Actually I found it.
Its not on any of the toolbards, it is under Actions menu, misc actions, perlscript.
Is there a document on this this works? Can this be used to lookup data with user $key input, store it in a variable, pass it to an outside database, obtain the result and store in a variable, then route call to the result (group extn #).

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back