Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database access ORACLE 8.1.7 of CFserver 5 through NativeDriverSources

Status
Not open for further replies.

wer25

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
RU
I have database ORACLE 8.1.7 and ColdFusion Server 5.0
As to me to customize a database access ORACLE 8.1.7 of ColdFusion Server 5.0 through Native Data Sources.
The problem consists that in Native Data Sources exist the driver for ORACLE only of versions 7.3 and 8.0, substituting these of the driver I receive an error.
" The connection to the data source failed. Check the following to resolve this problem:
Are the data source settings configured properly?
Did you provide valid security information in the data source settings?
For some databases the ColdFusion Server may need to be logged in under a special NT account rather than the default System Account. Use the Windows NT Services Control Panel to change the account the ColdFusion Server service is using. "

Certainly I can make access and through ODBC but all òàêè would be desirable through Native Data Sources as in such case access faster.
How to me to decide(solve) the given problem of a database access ORACLE 8.1.7?

Thank!

We use Oracle80 drivers from CF5 to connect to Oracle 8.1.7 databases all the time. I think you problem may be more basic:

- wrong uid/pw
- incorrect host string

You may want to fully qualify your host string:

Code:
db.world

I hope this helps at least in that you know someone has mode the connection through Oracle80 drivers to the 8.1.7 database.

what is the format of the host string can u give me examples plz???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back