Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data warehousing KPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvalhao

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2004
PT
Hi everyone!

I am trying to gather a list of relevant Key Performance Indicators related to Data Warehousing service. I have created a short list with the obvious ones but am looking for any insightfull data that I could collect to evaluate final service quality.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time,
David

hi david,
the list of the KPI's completely depends on the domain of your datawarehouse, so do you mind telling something about your datawarehouse so that we can discuss about the possible KPI's for your datawarehouse.

Kishore MCDBA

As Kishore states, the business KPI's will be dependent on your warehouse and its data. For DW service in general, you could have KPI's like "summary cubes generated on time", "daily load on time", "error records handled", "serious errors escalated", "serious errors resolved < 4 hours", and they could exist for every data source as specified in the Service Level Agreement for that source. These KPI's would be based on metadata you collect regarding the DW load and validation process, and may have been specified as technical or business requirements for the DW project.

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because there is more manure there - original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back