Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Validation Cell Showing Contents in Another Cell 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boots6

Technical User
Aug 12, 2011
US
Hello,

I have an excel with 5 worksheets:

CONC SUMMARY
POUR ENTRY
PUMP SUMMARY
PUMP ENTRY
PRICING

On the POUR ENTRY Worksheet Cells in Column B I use Data Validation from a list on the PRICING Worksheet. On the PUMP ENTRY Worksheet I want the cells to automatically populate with the same information chosen from the drop-down POUR ENTRY Worksheet list. When I use, ='POUR ENTRY!'B6 in the a cell in the PUMP ENTRY Worksheet, it shows up exactly as that formula, not the text in that cell. So I see "='POUR ENTRY!'B6" instead of "Footings" which is what I have chosen in that cell. Any ideas?

Thanks!

hi,

Change the FORMAT from TEXT to GENERAL.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

I did that on both Worksheets and it's still not working. I know I'm not selecting the wrong cell because I'm literall putting = then navigating to the other sheet and clicking the cell I want.

Anything else that it could be?

Thanks

Spoke too soon - I cleared everything out then went into Format Cells instead of choosing General from the ribbon and it worked. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back