Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Tab disappeared - Impromptu

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNRM

Programmer
Jan 27, 2005
ZA
Hi,

The data tab has diasppeared in one of my .imrs, when you hit the Query Data button in Impromptu you usually get the following tabs:
Data - Sort - Filter - Access - Profile - Client/Server
This particular .imr only has these:
SQL - Group - Access - Profile

Its probably something silly but I cant seem to get it back to normal - does anyone know what this is?

M

Did you bring data items from the catalog then clicked Edit when you viewed the SQL?

If you did then this will explain why you only see those tabs, don't think you can go back to the original view unless you recreate the .imr.

Did you signon to your DB connection as CREATOR (if you have dual roles) ??

Steve N.
State of Ohio, MIS

There is only a creator role. I think navshiv is right, I may have looked at the SQL in the 'editor view' (not actually edited it mind you) ...crime of crimes.
Hunting through backups/recreating the imr, testing and taking it live will take the rest of the week and it’s needed to generate cubes this weekend.
This is totally unacceptable; I will be pushing to throw Cognos out all together. I know a bad carpenter blames his tools etc. but it really is a disappointing product. Instead of one application with a bug or two you have a host of applications that are utterly fraught with bugs and illogical dialogs, it really is a mess. I can honestly say that were it not for the kind folk in this and other forums Cognos would be unusable to anyone who cannot devote their life to discovering its eccentricities and developing workarounds.

Sorry for the rant, its just one of those last straw situations ...I should actually be spending my time fixing this infernal report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back