Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Store issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acx1

Technical User
Jun 13, 2005
GB
Guys I have a small issue and no-one seems to have the answer, can one of you help please. I get the following error message in event viewer and now no users can connect to my farm. I also cannot connect to management console.

I first recieved this message and now I am getting the other all the time.
The Citrix MetaFrame XP Server failed to connect to the Data Store. Error - IMA_RESULT_DBCONNECT_FAILURE
The database is down or there is a network failure.

96 hours have passed since last successful connection to the Data Store. This server
will no longer accept connections until successful connection to the Data Store is established.

any help would be much appreciated.

check your mf20.dsn file and confirm which server is hosting your DataStore - then make sure you can reach that server from your citrix box - question is - was your DS a SQL or access table

Tried the above but still no joy. Used the below syntax. Siad successful, but when tried to logon to management console got error message 'The data store for this farm is currently unavailable. Please try again later'

dsmaint config /user:citrix /pwd:citrix /dsn:"M:\Program Files\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\MF20SQL.dsn"

I also got the error message in event viewer of

The Citrix MetaFrame XP Server failed to connect to the Data Store. Error - IMA_RESULT_DBCONNECT_FAILURE
The database is down or there is a network failure.

Please note that the server is standalone and running access data store.

More errors

The Independent Management Architecture service terminated with service-specific error 2147876886.

That looks like a logon error.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

The data store may be corrupted.
Try this..
Locate the mf20.dsn file
Normally it's in
“c:\progeam files\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\”
Rename mf20.mdb to something else
Rename mf20.bak to mf20.mdb
Restart IMA service