Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data session control

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickesilaw

Programmer
Jun 24, 2002
CA
In the start program of our project we create a class which locks records in file name passed to it(filename, key, etc. are passed to it).

In our forms we want to use private data sessions as multiple forms(modeless) maybe be open (currently we use default data session on modal forms).

with modal and default the lock class works fine.

with modeless and private the lock class cannot see the files.

used a message box to display data session and in modeless and private - the lock class is datasessionid=1, the form is 2

I can pass the form datasessionid ot the lock class and all works but when I exit lock class cannot find a table that was opened in that start up program. I tried resetting the datasessionid for _screen to 1 but doesn't seem to take it. any ideas

solved - my error - program was closing all files in shutdown routine before getting to table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back