Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data reports problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedcab

Instructor
Jan 9, 2003
CA
"Data report field does not match record source"

I am trying to create a group type of report. In the design I have the Group band and I enter the field.

However when I run it. It gives me the above message.

Any ideas.

Hi,
Click on the down arrow to the right of the field in the Sorting and Grouping window. That will give you a list of valid fields (which come from your Field List). It seems as though you are using a field that isn't available to your report. HTH,
Randy Smith
California Teachers Association

I am sorry, I have created a data environment SQL statement with a group by

In the report I have just inserted a group band and in that section I moved the field to be grouped by

the message is

'Report section does not match source'

Without the grouping, the report shows fine.

Hi,
Did you insert the group band using Sorting and Grouping, as found under the View menu?
HTH,
Randy Smith

I am sorry but under the view menu of visual basic i do not seee the sort option

Hi,
Are you in the Visual Basic code window in Access? You should create group bands in the Access window, instead of using code.
OR, are you in Visual Basic (6.0 or 5.0)? If so, then you are in the wrong forum.
HTH,
Randy Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back