Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data report using landscape orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingpang

Programmer
Feb 1, 2003
PH
Hi there!

I'using vb 6 and I get this error in my data report. The "report width is larger than the page width". and I solved this problem by making the report width smaller. But by doing so, I can't make my report in a landscape orientation.

I would like to know how to do it.

And I heard that ou have to download something to fx this error. is this true?

thanks!

pingpang,
I too went through the very same thing and here is how I remedied it.

First get service pack 5 from microsoft (free download)(130MB) and then get mdac2.5(at least) then in the properties of your datareport set all your margins to zero (trust me this works every time) then in your code,

DataReport.Orientation=rptOrientLandscape
DataReport.show

where it states Datareport would be the name of your report.

Hope this helps you

zgtrman To effectively improve in the efficiency of your performance, one must be proficient in the implementation of a positive mental attitude.

Thanks!

I haven't downloaded sp5 yet. I would just like to ask if this would work if your os is windows xp? And I'm just confused in microsoft website. I don't know for sure if this is the sp5 your referring to. How would I locate the download.

One more thing where will I get mdac2.5? And what is that?

Thanks again!

SP5 is VB6 SP5. It's available here:

MDAC is available here:

Try Google.com to look for downloads

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back