Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data report info refreshed

Status
Not open for further replies.

earnoldmi

Programmer
Sep 21, 2000
US
I am using Visual Basic 6.0, connecting to an Access database which holds lots of data. I have created some reports using the Data Report feature, which allow the user to specify a selection, which then filters the list of data displayed in the report. It works when I first run the program, but if I go to run the report again, and choose a different selection, I still see the report with the original selection. It's like it's not refreshing the data with the new command text. Any ideas on how to get the new filter to appear in the report? [sig][/sig]

Hi, it may not be a complete solution. But still it is a idea. I use Seagate Crystal Reports and in that there is an option which asks the user if report has to be saved along with the data. And when a report is refreshed with new selection, we first set that option something like displaysaveddata = false (cant remember exactly the property name) and then apply the criteria. So look for something like this.

...all the best...vijay.

Thank you. I'll look for that sort of feature. I'm also going to search the MSDN site, to see what I'm missing. I'll let you know if I find a good solution. [sig][/sig]

I found a workable answer from another tip response. I placed in the Report_Terminate procedure, the code Unload DataConnection1. This seems to close the connection, so that when it calls to open it again, the command text string is refreshed. Hey, it works! I hope it's a help to someone.
earnoldmi [sig][/sig]

hi earnoldmi,

im also having the same prob. will u pls tell me where did u place this Report_Terminate procedure with all of its commands? also, i did not get what did u exactly mean by "the code Unload DataConnection1". pls elaborate ur solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back