Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Report in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonioJ

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
PH
I have a question, why is it when I open a data report, the data from previous query remains cached? meaning I get the same data in the data report as what is queried in the previous run of report.?
I am using data environment and data report. is there a way that I can refresh the data in the report?

i also get that same problem most of the time when working with data reports.

anyway, try this one. it works for me sometimes (especially when my instructor checks on my work).

- open the connection (via data environment)
- retrieve the data ( i use queries i created in access)
- close the connection

dont forget to include the on error statement because sometimes, an error is raised with this.

hello quovuz,
thank you for your reply?

my data environment is always open... i use tables in MS SQL 7 for displaying the data... data in the MS SQL is already filtered... meaning i only have to view it's content. i can't figure out how to refresh the data... do you have any example??
thank you!

hello quovuz,
thank you for your help. i have figure out what you exactly mean. it worked... thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back