Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Report, class not registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

pe

Technical User
Aug 8, 2001
US
I'm confused. I set a reference in VB6 to MS Data Report Designer SP4 (MSDBRptR.dll) and added the component msdbrpt.dll to my VB6 project. When I Add a Data Report from the Project menu i get the error

Class not registered.
Looking for object CLSID...

Can anyone ask me why I get this error? does it have anything to do with my registry? I am using w2000. thanks

That CLSID is the Class ID in the registry. You may want to try and register that dll or better yet unregister then re-register it using regsvr32.

Example:
regsvr32 MSDBRptR.dll --this is to register
regsvr32 -u MSDBRptR.dll --this is to unregister
Run these under the Start Button, and Run

Also check if you have 2 possible Report Designers in the references listbox. I found 2 that had the same name but different dll name. One was MSDBRptR.dll and the other was MSDBRpt.dll, but they both were called Microsoft Data Report Designer 6.0(SP4), you may want to try the other one.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back