Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data recovery tools and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bookmarked it for further use. It looks interesting. You may want to get someone to do some editing for typos, the ones I noticed detracted from the site.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Good basic info, however I am reticent to use it with "Mortgage Leads Homepage - Free Leads" on the title bar.

IS it possible to recover the data from a raid 5 IDE array, if only 1 of the original drives is available???

Hi Network Andy. You need 2 of 3 drives in order to get all your data back. If you had a 5 disk RAID-5 you'd need 4 of 5. Basically RAID-5 buys you the ability to lose 1 drive, not 2. If you want your data back you'll need to go to someplace like ontrack, actionfront, gillware or drivesavers.. those guys probably will all charge at least a couple grand but they'd more than likely get your stuff back because they only need to repair 1 of 2 bad drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back