Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data not showing in report footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdesigns

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
Hi
I am using CR10 pulling data from an access table via odbc connection, also data from a Sage D/B with an OLE DB (ADO) connection. all is workig fine until I try to enter data into the report footer. Some data shows ok yet some data does not.Some data that is showing in a group header for example will not show in the report footer, is ther any way around this ?

You will need to be more specific about the type of data you are trying to put into the report footer.

Data from the detail section will only show you the most recent record in the report footer.

Group Header info may have changed during the creation of the page, or may be on a previous-page.

I would suggest posting some sample data, an example of the problem you are describing, and the Pafe Footer output you are trying to obtain.

I don't think you can use data from two different datasources in the same report unless you use a subreport for one of them.

-LB

You can relate data from two different datasources in the same report as long as they have some common field (eg. phonenumber) that can tie them together.

I have done it a number of times on different reports.

Ok
I have 2 groups product and lot info where a product is sold grp 1 and the lot information for that product in group 2.
Each product has a weight, commodity code,
I need to put all the commodity codes in the report footer along with the total weight of each comm code + grand total for the order, for customs reasons.
When I enter the commodity code in the report footer it gives no date even though it does in the lot information group. same with the weight.I put a summary of weight in the report footer but it shows no data. I tried a formula Sum {order_detail_table}, still no data in report footer.
So why do I get data in a group and yet if I put the same field in the report footer I get no data??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back