Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Legend order in Graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscount

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2003
GB
All,

I have created a graph in CR10 with SQL back end. It shows the number of days between 2 events for each month for each record.

I have grouped the data into...

Using a formula I have created the following groups...

Under 7 Days
Under 14 Days
Under 21 Days
Under 31 Days
Over 31 Days

I have grouped the data as above and also added a summary field counting the number of instances for each month.

I then put this data into a bar chart. The data goes in OK, however the order of the bars are not in the way that I want it. I tried to specify the order in the Chart Expert, I trioed to also speciy the order in the Group Expert, but for each different type of bar chart that I choose (3D, Plain, 100% etc..) the legend is in a different order - none of them in the order that I want or specified.

Any ideas..?

Cheers

Vis

The order in the legend should change if you use specified order, but you have to use it within the chart expert. Highlight your formula in the "On change Of" area ->order and choose specified order there. Add the formula results in the order you want them to appear.

-LB

Thanks LB - I have already tried this but with no joy!

I also tried putting the sam order in the grouping section of the report (even though it is hidden)

After a quick investigation and changing the start dates of the report I have found that where one of the group headings in 0 in the first month it goes to the bottom of the legend until it is used.

Is there anyway to stop this..?

Please identify your "on change of" field(s) and your summary field, and provide any formulas involved.

-LB

Here you go - I hope that it helps.

Vis...

First Field

Catheter.Conference_Date - standard date field

Second Field

Formula Field - length of wait...

if {@Days Wait} < 7 then "Under 7 Days" else
if {@Days Wait} < 14 then "Under 14 Days" else
if {@Days Wait} < 21 then "Under 21 Days" else
if {@Days Wait} < 31 then "Under 31 Days" else "Over 31 Days"

Days wait formula...

if {@Conference Date} = date(4321,12,23) then currentdate - {Catheter.Date_of_Cath} else
{Catheter.Conference_Date} - {Catheter.Date_of_Cath}

Conference Date Formula...

if isnull({Catheter.Conference_Date}) then date(4321,12,23) else {Catheter.Conference_Date}

So where are you using each of these in the chart expert?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back