Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data in forms not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

slybitz

Technical User
Mar 25, 2005
US
So I'm trying to make a form and for some reason when I do the form wizard and enter all of the table fields to be shown in the form nothing shows up. A blank form just pops up after the wizard completes. I can get a couple of tables to make a form but nothing else. Is it possible that my tables are messed up? Any ideas??

Thank you so much!!

-Sly

The form you are trying to create, does it have a Control Source? Is the from you are trying to create based on a table or query? If it is a query, try runing the query by itslef.

There isn't anything that I can think of that you could do to a table and not have the fields show up on a form. Even if the field information in the table were incorrect.

Have you tried making a test table and then creating, using the wizard, to make a form based on this test table?

An investment in knowledge always pays the best dividends.
by Benjamin Franklin
Autonumber Description - FAQ702-5106

The form is based on several tables. When I do just do a couple of tables that are dependant on eachother there is no problem but when I do all 7 tables there is a problem and nothing shows up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Does the underlaying query returns some rows ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Does the underlaying query returns some rows ? "

I don't quite understand what you mean by underlaying query returning rows.

OK i figured it out. My tables were not set up correctly. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back